protect your Los Angeles home from intruders you may want to consider looking into as a homeowner.
1. Endeavor to use high quality window locks on all basement and ground level windows in your home. For double hanging windows, you can install a lock that attaches itself to the movable part of the window and holds it in place. They are usually designed so the window can be opened slightly to allow for ventilation but not enough so someone can enter through the window.
2. Install top quality residential door locks Los Angeles on all external doors. It doesn’t take much for an intruder who is armed with a thin bladed knife or screwdriver to easily pry open any cheap lock without much effort. However, the special features that come with the more expensive residential grade security lock makes it much more difficult for an intruder harder to break in.
3. It’s always advisable for you to use multiple locks on all the exterior doors in your home. Most residential security experts are of the opinion that every external home door should have a minimum of two high quality locks installed on it. The longer a potential intruder spends trying to break through your locks, the less likely he is to risk being caught by observant neighbors. Endeavor to add extra locks on doors that provide access to areas of the house that are not too visible
4. Most homeowners rarely consider installing quality residential grade locks on their garage doors. If your garage happens to be attached to the house, then it can provide an intruder with an easy access point to break into your home or access to simple tools such as a crowbar that can be used to break into your home. Whether your garage is attached to your house or not, it’s important for you as a homeowner to provide adequate security for your garage doors as well.
5. Cover your windows with heavy draperies and endeavor to close them at night before going to bed. If you have valuables such as diamond necklaces or gold wristwatches that people can see from across the street, then you may want to consider keeping these items in a safe or moving them completely to another part of the house. You can hire a reliable and trustworthy residential locksmith to help you install a wall or floor safe in your home if you find using a safe more appealing to you.
6. Install an external CCTV Los Angeles in your home. The presence of a close circuit camera is more likely to deter an intruder from trying to break into your home. No intruder will risk the possibility of being caught on camera when trying to break into a home. The sight one alone is enough to scare off most intruders away.
Locksmith Los Angeles (866) 550-5625
Monday, May 23, 2016
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Every homeowner, business owner or car owner will eventually require the services of a professional locksmith at one point in time or another. Whether it’s for a residential locksmith or commercial lockout emergency, installation of a home security system, repair or replacement of damaged lock or something as simple as fixing a mail box lock; we are all going to have to call upon a locksmith technician in our time of need. However, choosing the right locksmith to hire for the job is something that shouldn’t be taken lightly. There a dozens of locksmith companies out there claiming to provide top quality locksmith services to potential customers--but how can you tell if one is trustworthy and competent or not? Well, choosing a certified locksmith service provider is the only way to be sure that the locksmith you are hiring for that lock and key service you need is well trained and capable of delivering a fast and efficient service to you!
If you are still wondering why you need a certified locksmith, here are some reasons why hiring a certified locksmith service provider is the best choice to make when it comes to the security of your home, business or property.
1. A Certified locksmith is insured and bonded. Hiring a certified locksmith technician who has been insured and legally bonded to provide professional locksmith services simply means that if any damage occurs as a result of the technician's work, you won’t be made to pay for the cost of the repairs necessary to fix the problem. However, if an uninsured locksmith is used and damage to property occurs, it is the homeowner's liability to pay for the repair.
2. Certified locksmith technicians must undergo rigorous training and security clearances to assure customers that they are qualified and competent enough to handle the job required of them. By hiring a certified locksmith, you can set your mind at rest knowing that you have hired one of the best hands in the security industry to handle your residential, commercial and automotive locksmith needs.
- Certified locksmiths can do more than just changing your locks. Asides providing the basic locksmith services such as removing a broken key, replacing a damaged locks or solving a lockout situation, most locksmith who have been certified also offer other specialized security services such as installing residential or commercial security systems, installation of surveillance cameras, safe installation services, and many more.
- Many certified locksmith technicians are up to date with the latest security technologies available to help you secure your home and business such as high tech security entrance, panic buttons and biometric locks, keyless entry systems, etc.
- Certified locksmiths are trained to strictly adhere to the laid down rules and ethics that guide the locksmith industry. By hiring a certified locksmith technician, you don’t have to worry about the locksmith cutting corners or using substandard products when it comes to the safety of your life and property.
Locksmith Los Angeles (323) 306-3291
Monday, April 25, 2016
There are two different types of locksmiths one that owns a shop and operates from that location and another who is mobile and comes to your locations. Mobile locksmith are more widely used for emergencies. The common services that a locksmith will provide do vary slightly per company but most can do:-
· House, Condo, Apt Lockout 24 hour Service
· Eviction Services
· Break in Repair
· Maintenance or residential locks
· Intercom systems
· Camera Security
· Mailbox Opening
· Lost Keys
· Inside Doors, Windows, Furniture
· Safe Cracking
· New Lock Installations
Locksmith Los Angeles - (866) 550-5625
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
The work of a locksmith is very sensitive, a locksmith has the knowledge to break into your home, duplicate keys, rekey, pick any kind of lock from mailboxes to safes as well as provide security advice for potential customers. Therefore the locksmith industry deals with very delicate matters and requires discretion, honesty, client confidentiality and protection. It is vital that you know who it is you are inviting into your home to perform such tasks as the locksmith will gain access to private possessions valuables items and you property. With any industry there are a few dishonest tradesman that give the whole trade a bad name but still it’s better to take some precautions and research the a locksmith company before going ahead and engaging them to come over.
Nowadays the web has all the information you might need on it, you can search for local locksmiths and narrow your choices down to 3-4 different companies no more than that or you’ll be forever looking and ending up with no service. You can look at the company’s website and any customer testimonials that might be there to get a general feel, make a few phone calls. A company that quote’s you the lowest price doesn’t guarantee the overall price will be the lowest, most locksmiths will give only the base price over the phone and price only on location after seeing your locks. You should make sure that the company is insured, bonded and certified. A license is also good but is not required in every state. Once you have asked all the question you need to ask and feel you have found the right service provider for you then you can go ahead and book your service.
Most locksmiths work around the clock 24hours so you will be able to receive immediate attention or schedule an appointment. Once the technician has arrived at your location you can ask to see proof of identity any other documents that will make you feel at ease and confident in the company. The technician should perform their job promptly with professionalism at all times, it should be completed to the highest possible standards and should be at an agreeable price. There are many different locksmiths to choose from and most of them are very reputable companies, with trust worthy technicians find the right fit for you and you’ll be recommending them time and time again.
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
If you lose or even miss-place your car door keys it can be a really worrying experience. Panic kind of hits you in a big way. You realize you don’t have a spare key anywhere and find yourself stranded with 101 things to do. The first thing that crosses your mind is to contact your dealer, which is a very logical thought but will cost you double as your vehicle will have to be towed to the dealer.
Your vehicle is a very expensive possession. Just as it is for most of us and not something you should be trying to fiddle with alone. Remove the thought of trying to unlock your own car door by prying it open or other methods. This can be a tremendously costly error as you can cause all sorts of unnecessary damage.
The best approach to having lost your car keys would be to find a local locksmith who specializes in automobiles. An Automobile locksmith will have experience in working with all types of cars and motor vehicles of various brands, makes and years. Automobile locksmiths can help with a variety of car issues, including locking your keys inside the car or trunk, breaking the key off inside the lock or ignition, losing the keys, duplicating the keys, fixing and or replacing the ignition. These are just a few of the services an automobile locksmith should and would be able to provide. Finding a skilled locksmith is crucial. Unfortunately there are a few people claiming that they have the ability to do everything and unfortunately they don’t. These people are giving the locksmith industry a bad name. Try and look for a company that comes with great reviews. The company should be bonded, insured and licensed. You can find a number of automobile locksmiths online but a personal recommendation is always good. If you don’t get a personal recommendation from someone. Then calling several companies to get a feel for the services that can be provided, a price estimate and timing would be a wise step forward.
Once you are happy with your locksmith choice. A technician will be sent out to your location but will give you a call beforehand to verify all your information with you. Each company varies in arrival times but you can expect them to be at the location provided by you anywhere between 20-30 minutes. Which is quite a reasonable time when dealing with an emergency, such as missing or misplacing your keys. The technician will ask for your identity and proof that the vehicle is yours once this is out of the way the technician will go ahead and produce a new key for you. Auto locksmiths have a lot of experience and most work out of a vehicle that is loaded with the latest tools, machinery, blanks and spares so they will be able to help you out on the spot. Locksmiths can help you with any type of vehicle key from your regular key, transponder key, chipped keys, smart keys and remote control, they can produce keys for the very old and for the most modern vehicle available nowadays.
Locksmith’s services are often cheaper than dealer prices and the majority will have stocks of your key. They will be able to replace it there and then for you. Auto Locksmiths provide a good, fast and efficient service and is definitely the most time saving way to deal with missing or misplaced keys.
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Padlocks and Combination Locks
Padlocks can be used for protecting a number of different items to prevent theft and damage or your property. They can be used for anything from commercial gates, storage units harvesting valuable items, lockers, bikes, boxes, luggage, Garden sheds, tool boxes and much much more.Finding the right padlock for you is important there are many different types made out of different materials for outside or inside use and offering different levels of security.
Padlock – A key operated locking device
Combination lock – Is a locking device using a sequence of numbers or symbols to lock or unlock it ranging from inexpensive low level security to high security locks
Multidial - commonly used as a lower level lock for things like bicycles or briefcases. It is easily picked and not recommend for use on high value products.
Single dial – Mainly used for lockers, gates and some safes
Electronic Combination Lock – generally safe from attacks but can be prone to mechanical damage
Here are some manufactures of high security padlock and combination locks
Sargent and Greenleaf
These companies provide pretty steady weather, fire proof locking systems, suitable for most objects. There are a few floors with this type of lock that’s either misplacing the key to the padlock or forgetting the combination. In either case you should try to find a local locksmith who can help you get into the lock. Locksmiths are well trained individuals, they have experience in all types of locks and can open pretty much anything they are also licensed, insured and bonded. The operate a mobile service meaning they will travel to you at your location it will take an estimated time of 20 minutes for them to get to you after you have spoken to the call center. If you have a non-emergency situation then you might choose to schedule an appointment instead. Service calls and appointments can be made at any time as the majority of mobile locksmiths work 24/7 as you can never tell when the unexpected will happen. The locksmith will be able to pick lock, bump locks, break combination, drill/ cut locks if need be. They should be pretty fast at completing their task and it shouldn’t cost a fortune to do it but it will be determined by the type of lock you have. Security of you property should be a number one priority for you, using the most suitable and hardy lock and taking the appropriate care when things get damaged or you suspect a forced entry.
Call a Locksmith Los Angeles today.
Tuesday, December 15, 2015
Car Lockout / Locksmith Los Angeles
There is nothing worse than that dreaded moment when you realize you’ve lost your car keys. Panic sets in you start throwing things around in the vein hope that your keys will reappear like magic. All to no avail you’re stuck, you have a major meeting to get to and you could really do without this extra hassle to your day. Well let’s make this small crisis as pain free as possible, express a little bit of patience by not attempting to break into your own car and causing more damage. The easiest solution for you would be to call a locksmith. Whilst you might be considering some other options like getting a tow to your local garage or dealer this would be a far more costly approach to solving your matter. The quickest and easiest option for you at this time is a locksmith.
As with all tradesmen you should always look carefully into who you are trusting with your belongings. The last thing you need is an illegitimate locksmith come over to perform the task and cause more harm than good. Look into a couple of different companies first before speaking to anyone, check to see if they have a few essential requirements such as a business license, insurance and if they are fully bonded. Check that the business has been established for a while just to determine that they have some experience behind them. Go ahead and make a call to the locksmith company describe to your best ability your situation, whether you’ve lost your keys or perhaps you locked the keys in the car, share your location and contact information and be sure to provide the dispatcher with the make, model and year of your car. A mobile technician will then be dispatched to you ready to get you out of your small crisis. All mobile units travel with a complete set of high end specialist tools and a large stock of merchandise.
Once your Car Lockout Los Angeles technician has arrived at your location they will get to work, firstly confirming your identity and vehicle ownership. The technician will use a picking device to get into your car and then set a about making you a new. The locksmith will take a blank key and use a profiling machine which will measure the exact profile of the original key and cut it into the blank. The locksmith will also re-program your transponder chip for those modern cars with anti-theft measures and you’ll be back on the road again.
Locksmith Los Angeles services are quick, accurate and affordable. They can also help if you locked your keys inside the car/trunk, broke your key, got the key stuck in the ignition or the locks are jamming. Call and speak to a dispatcher to see how a locksmith can help.