protect your Los Angeles home from intruders you may want to consider looking into as a homeowner.
1. Endeavor to use high quality window locks on all basement and ground level windows in your home. For double hanging windows, you can install a lock that attaches itself to the movable part of the window and holds it in place. They are usually designed so the window can be opened slightly to allow for ventilation but not enough so someone can enter through the window.
2. Install top quality residential door locks Los Angeles on all external doors. It doesn’t take much for an intruder who is armed with a thin bladed knife or screwdriver to easily pry open any cheap lock without much effort. However, the special features that come with the more expensive residential grade security lock makes it much more difficult for an intruder harder to break in.
3. It’s always advisable for you to use multiple locks on all the exterior doors in your home. Most residential security experts are of the opinion that every external home door should have a minimum of two high quality locks installed on it. The longer a potential intruder spends trying to break through your locks, the less likely he is to risk being caught by observant neighbors. Endeavor to add extra locks on doors that provide access to areas of the house that are not too visible
4. Most homeowners rarely consider installing quality residential grade locks on their garage doors. If your garage happens to be attached to the house, then it can provide an intruder with an easy access point to break into your home or access to simple tools such as a crowbar that can be used to break into your home. Whether your garage is attached to your house or not, it’s important for you as a homeowner to provide adequate security for your garage doors as well.
5. Cover your windows with heavy draperies and endeavor to close them at night before going to bed. If you have valuables such as diamond necklaces or gold wristwatches that people can see from across the street, then you may want to consider keeping these items in a safe or moving them completely to another part of the house. You can hire a reliable and trustworthy residential locksmith to help you install a wall or floor safe in your home if you find using a safe more appealing to you.
6. Install an external CCTV Los Angeles in your home. The presence of a close circuit camera is more likely to deter an intruder from trying to break into your home. No intruder will risk the possibility of being caught on camera when trying to break into a home. The sight one alone is enough to scare off most intruders away.
Locksmith Los Angeles (866) 550-5625